The Founder of Peace and National Unity, Leader of the Nation, President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon and Speaker of the National Assembly, Mayor of Dushanbe Rustam Emomali took part in the opening ceremony of a new building of the Finance and Economics Faculty of the Tajik National University.
The building will also house the departments for management, accounting and digital economy. It will accommodate over 5,000 students in two shifts. An Innovation Center has been also set up to implement the results of the scientific work of researchers.
The building contains administrative and service rooms, state-of-the-art teaching laboratories as well as computer labs and language classrooms. They were built by the financial support of the government.
The university has 118 departments, the Research Science Institute (RSI) and Lyceum of Natural and Exact Sciences, 103 scientific and educational laboratories, 14 research laboratories, Biotechnology Center, Technology Park, Language Learning Center, Confucius Institute as well as Distance Education with over 1,310 teachers, including 180 doctors of sciences, 545 candidates of sciences. It employs 13 fellows of the Tajik Academy of Sciences, 12 corresponding members of the National Academy of Sciences, and more than 725 Ph.D. degree-holders. Currently over 25,000 students are enrolled, of which 18,775 are full-time students, 5,538 are part-time and distance education students, while 1,433 are masters and doctoral students.
At the University also publishing house, translation and testing centers as well as four gym halls, three experimental bases, a sanatorium and a medical clinic are available.
The tour also included the newly built Museum of the “Leader of the Nation” dedicated to the student life of Emomali Rahmon and his contribution to the further development of the Tajik National University.
He also examined the newly built dormitory for students of the Tajik National University. The twelve-story building consists of 207 apartments that accommodate for 1,000 students.
Established in 1947 as the Tajik State University, it was renamed by the decree of the President of Tajikistan as the Tajik National University in 2008.